Big achievement! DSSG reaches the last road of India by acquiring the Bogalur Toll Plaza in Tamil Nadu
“Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle”
- Napoleon Hill, Author
We are excited to announce that due to our remarkable growth over the last few years, we are expanding! DSSG has now spread its wing to the last road of India (Dhanushkodi) by acquiring the Bogalur Toll Plaza in Ariyakudi, Tamil Nadu. Besides this, we recently acquired tolls in Banihal and Ramban, Kashmir. Today, DSSG oversees the operations and maintenance of more than 13 toll plazas based on Operate, Maintain and Transfer (OMT) Model.
This expansion is part of our vision to increase our presence across Asia, enabling us to provide best-in-class toll management services to the users. We reported revenue of Rs 303 crore from the tolling and security manpower division, and plan to achieve Rs 1,000 crore by the end of next quarter.
DSSG began its journey of providing toll management services in 2009 by winning the tender of Kachkoot village near Sangam in Anantnag district of southern Kashmir. We ensure smooth operations by efficiently checking and controlling road usage, providing up-to-date traffic information and above all keeping road users safe.
DSSG holds PSARA license in states like Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand and Uttar Pradesh. These PSARA licenses make it easier to acquire the manpower required to operate toll plazas.
We provide the following toll management services:
1. Toll Collection: Our toll collectors ensure they collect toll revenue from road users after classifying the vehicles correctly. At the same time, they strictly implement the government guidelines to exempt the vehicles as listed by NHAI to decrease the overall transaction time.
2. Audit: We have an assiduous audit team which ensures toll collection is done in a completely transparent manner. They make sure every toll collector logs in his collection properly into the system which is created through proper surveillance and cross verification that enforces greater accountability.
3. Route Patrolling: DSSG’s route patrolling service provides round the clock assistance to people in need. It means providing emergency medical care like taking an injured person to a nearby hospital. Additionally, we help drivers with fuel refill, car repair, scene clearance, directing traffic as well as assisting disabled motorists.
4. Security: DSSG provides security manpower at toll plazas that it operates to ensure there is no damage to the infrastructure as well as no danger to the workforce from the lawbreakers. Our security personnel go through strict screening and training to make sure they are well prepared to protect toll plazas from theft, vandalism as well as any other perceivable threat which may result in loss of money or life.
5. Surveillance: Round the clock surveillance is extremely important for toll plazas as it not only helps in mapping vehicles which fail to pay the tax, but it provides useful evidence to the police in criminal cases. Nowadays, video surveillance is becoming a primary tool to combat the problem of toll vandalism. By ensuring 24/7 feed to the regional offices, toll plazas provide on ground information to the authorities so that they are well aware of the reality and know what exactly is needed to continue providing the best experience.
6. Survey and traffic analysis for all OMT tolls: DSSG has an effective traffic analysis and survey management team that monitors variables like weather pattern and festivals to predict the amount of traffic on any given day. This provides insights into how many people are needed at a particular toll to ensure smooth passage of traffic during peak hours.